Ibiza 2015: Danny Kay’s Pick of the Hottest Parties
With Ibiza’s legendary clubs opening their doors for another season, we caught up with DJ and Ibiza expert Danny Kay from Ibiza Holiday Secrets to find out his top picks for this year as well as some insider tips on how to make the most of your time in Ibiza. From lazy Sundays to manic Mondays, Danny’s tracked down a party for every night of the week. Here are ten of his hottest recommendations:
Luciano’s Vagrants at Space: Sundays June 7th – Sep 27th
Sunday afternoons on the Space Terrace, as the sun goes down, with overflying jets, is an Ibiza institution. This season’s most anticipated new party is Luciano’s Vagrants which will fuse latin rhythms with tech and deep house music on a classic Ibicenco stage. A true Balearic terrace experience not to be missed.
Solomun+1 at Pacha: Sundays May 24th – Oct 4th
The rising star of electronic music in Ibiza. With a different guest each week, Solomun creates a unique and intimate atmosphere at the classic Ibicenco club. Right up there in the running for the Best Party of the Season award. Expect the sold out signs up early for Sven Vath on September 20th.
David Guetta at Ushuaia: Mondays June 29th – August 31st
The French superstar DJ and acclaimed producer, holds his only outdoor Ibiza residency at the beachside venue of Ushuaia, which kicks off at 5pm to midnight. Sexy Gallic style meets flamboyant Spanish fiesta, for one of the island’s best produced shows where you are free to dance in the pool.
Tribal Sessions at Sankeys: Tuesdays 26th May – Sep 29th
The historic Manchester party, where music and people are prioritised over style and attitude. A no frills, underground experience in a basement where the base reverberates through the body. Expect appearances from Sasha and other top class DJs who become part of the crowd.
Hyte at Amnesia: Wednesdays June 3rd – Sept 30th
A surprise and exciting addition to the Amnesia program this year. Will be supported by all the influential techno DJs and this brand new party has really put the cat amongst the trendy pigeons in Ibiza as it goes head to head with Jamie Jones at DC10.
Ibiza Rocks: Wednesdays June 17th – September 16th
The island’s premier live music venue that holds its parties under the Ibiza skies kicking off at 7pm to midnight. This season’s highlights include The Libertines on July 22nd, Rudimental on July 29th, Clean Bandit on August 5th and for a touch of New Romantic nostalgia, Spandau Ballet on August 19th.
Cream Float Your Boat Party: Thursdays June 11th – September 17th
To truly understand Ibiza, one has to view the island from the sea to admire her beautiful shores and crystal clear waters. A great value tip to experience the coastline and have fun along the way, is to set sail on one of the many party boats that capture the island’s world famous sunset, combined with entry to a classic Ibiza party. This is the first year of the Cream Float Your Boat party which sets sail at 6pm and ends in Amnesia nightclub at 6am with the iconic Liverpool party which celebrates its 21st Anniversary on the island this summer.
Insane at Pacha: Fridays May 22nd – October 4th
The quintessential Ibicenco club experience, instantly recognisable by its famous cherry logo brings us a smooth party that will feature residencies from MK and John Digweed with guest appearances from Dennis Ferrer and Pete Tong amongst others.
Hard Times at The Vista Club
Held in the spectacular Vista Club room of Privilege, with views out over the island, the legendary House Music label, Hard Times, makes its Ibiza debut this summer. A mixture of new and classic artists in intimate surroundings with the best sound system on the island makes Hard Times one for the notebook this season. Todd Terry, Roger Sanchez and David Morales are just some of the classic house DJs associated with this party.
Elrow at Space: Saturdays June 6th – Sept 26th
This Barcelona party has been one of the highlights of the Ibiza summer over the last few seasons. All the colour, vibrancy and passion of a Spanish fiesta combined with the underground edge of Kehakuma. This summer, the excellent Kompact Records label will be showcasing its Deep Tech style alongside Kehakuma, which certainly makes it a party to excite the senses.
Top Party Tips For Ibiza
- Use the Disco Bus, it runs every hour to 6am, is cheap at €3 and stops at all the clubs. A great way to meet interesting and fun people too – lots of holiday romances have started on the Disco Bus.
- Dance for free with the sand between your toes at the famous Bora Bora Beach Bar on Playa D’en Bossa Beach. Also on the same beach, check out new kid on the sands, Beachouse, for a chic lunch overlooking the med with international DJ sessions to keep you grooving into the night.
- Warm up for the night ahead by catching the famous Ibiza sunset at Cafe Del Mar or Cafe Mambo on the sunset strip of San Antonio. Both venues hold free pre-parties every night with big name DJs such as Fatboy Slim and Steve Aoki. Arrive by 7pm to ensure a table.
- Want to enjoy the party in style? Book a VIP table at Pacha. It costs a minimum of €200 per person but includes entry, reserved seating with table service and drinks included. Book online or turn up at the VIP door, which is to the far right of the main entrance.
- Ladies: Bring a pair of flat shoes in your handbag. The night is long in Ibiza.
- When buying tickets for the clubs, always check to see if there are entry restrictions. The cheap tickets only allow entry before 1am when nobody is in the club. The headlining DJs start at 3am when the club is full. Crowds usually arrive between 2am-3am.
- Drink plenty of water before you enter clubs – 500ml bottles cost €8.
These are Danny Kay’s tips for Ibiza. Got some of your own recommendations to share? Don’t keep them to yourself, leave a comment below!